Friday, March 6, 2009

JONAH HEX coming to the big screen

JONAH HEX has a new director according to Josh Brolin in today's LA Times.  Brolin, who will portray Hex (for a scheduled 2010 release), said Jimmy Hayward is the new director.  (Hayward's background has been in animation).  John Malkovich will play the villain Turnbull and Megan Fox (THE TRANSFORMERS) will play Leila, the gun weilding beauty and love interest of Hex. Loved, or should I say love the comics.  Hope I will do same with the movie.

2 comments:

Chris Casey said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one and hoping they do it "right". I am a big fan of the original comics (when the character started off in DC's ALL-STAR WESTERN, especially).
I really hated it when it became a post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi comic, simply called HEX in the 80's!! And to be honest, I haven't cared for any of the newer attempts at reviving the character.
One online report I read about this movie described it as "a post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi Thriller based on the HEX comic book series"!! When I read that..I almost looked for something to throw at my PC monitor! If they don't make this as a Western...I am really gonna be pissed!

John Crummett said...

I still have a cuppla of the original Jonah Hex comics but I sold most of the ones I had, back in the mid 90's, to either Glen Danzig or Robert Rodriguez when my son and I did the Comic-Cons at the Shrine Auditorium before he went to college. Our little company was called..."MOTHER NEVER THREW THEM AWAY....AND SON."