Sunday, August 18, 2013

LEE MARVIN: POINT BLANK by Dwayne Epstein

Yesterday afternoon I moseyed down to Long Beach to Gatsby Books (5535 E Spring St) Amigo,  Dwayne Epstein was there discussing and signing his new book on the great late Lee Marvin....a must read for all movie lovers, not just Lee Marvin fans.

'Twas a very enjoyable two hours plus with my buddy Tom Betts, and many others listening to Dwayne regale us with tales and anecdotes about the life and movies of one of the great screen icons....Lee Marvin.  I've got to say this....the book is a great read and with Dwayne you sure got your money's worth. I've been to a lot of book signings and have heard lottsa authors plug their books but nobody, repeat nobody has ever talked about their book with more passion than Dwayne nor has been more interesting to listen to. I've read the book twice but listening to Dwayne talk made everything sound like I was hearing it for the first time.  But see for yourself how good the book is.....go buy a copy now!
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An indie western spaghetti, if you care to see or to share.
I really love old western spaghetti, And I'd love to have them being made still.
Here's the kickstarter link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263029780/reviving-the-classic-spaghetti-western-feature-fil?ref=home_location